ERP | News
Montclair State University Turns to Banner for Student Services
New Jersey's Montclair State University is partnering with Ellucian to roll out a new student information system. The campuswide initiative will center on using Banner to drive programs such as student enrollment and student financial services.
Last year, the university settled a two-year lawsuit with its previous ERP provider over a failed deployment. Now it is working anew to improve student services and streamline its systems.
"Our focus is on excellence in all that we do to serve our students, including applying advances in technology in ways that ensure that our students' experience is second to none," said Edward Chapel, Montclair State's vice president for information technology, in a press release. "Mobility, real-time transactions, integration with social media and cloud-based services, as well as integration with our core learning management system all help us achieve this goal."
A top priority for the university is to personalize the student experience by providing 24/7 access to critical services via any device. Montclair State is implementing several Banner products:
- Banner Student, which will help students apply for admission, enroll in classes and retrieve financial data on their own schedule;
- Ellucian Luminis Platform, providing students with access to course catalogs, class registration forms and account balances;
- Ellucian Degree Works, an online planning tool that manages and tracks academic progress;
- Ellucian Mobile, allowing students to monitor progress and stay connected on any device;
- Ellucian Recruiter, a student recruitment and enrollment management software solution designed to find best-fit students, meet enrollment goals and increase retention and graduation rates; and
- Banner Financial Aid, which help students navigate financial aid application processes while easing the processing burden for administrators at the university.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.